Precautions for children once the lockdown is lifted
We are probably at the last phase of the lockdown in India, and while many of us would be raring to get back to work, the government is yet to announce anything regarding the reopening of the schools and colleges and rightly so, because schools and colleges should be one of the least priorities at the moment and the time to ponder over it is still a distant thought.
However, the highest priority right now if you are a parent is to safeguard your child. Because once the lockdown is lifted there would be no stopping for the kids to jump around and play.
And therefore it is imperative that precautions are taken so that your kid does not fall prey to the virus and hence here are some tips to help you with that.
- No Playground time - Activities like games, contact sport, etc. that can create unnecessary gatherings must be avoided. Keep your child from going to playgrounds until the virus is completely eradicated or there is a vaccine made available.
- Hygiene Practices - Keep telling them, again and again, to wash their hands- before and after eating, after going to the toilet, if they touch shared surfaces such as the railings and door handles. Even when they meet their friends the excitement must not indulge physical contact.
- Social Distancing - By now social distancing must have been inculcated into a habit. Make sure it is the same for your child. Keep telling them to maintain a social distance until it becomes intrinsic in them and they follow it instinctively.
- Reduce outside food - Kids can be impossible sometimes. They could become so adamant to buy them outside food/ snack that it could embarrass you in public. Try and make them understand the circumstances, and if they are still adamant, buy them from a place where proper hygiene is maintained.
- Ask them to share their feelings - The situation could be too much for them to take in and they might be a little scared too. It is normal if they show a little anxiety in them. Let them express their feelings and ask as many questions as they want, try and answer them all patiently.
Be honest if you don’t know the answer.